Does your incredible get warm/hot?General

Last Updated:

1. inTECHrity

inTECHrity Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed my incredible gets rather warm in 2 situations:

1. When it is charging
    2. When I browse the web and/or play a game for more than 5 minutes.

Does anyone else experience this? Is it something I should be concerned about, or is it the same with all of the incredible's?

Advertisement
  2. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

I have the black/gradient case on so I don't feel any heat even if it does.

3. inTECHrity

inTECHrity Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's not so much the heat actually bothering me, I just want to make sure the phone isn't defective and potentially damaging itself!

4. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

The battery will get warm when using applications requiring higher amounts of battery use. It sucks, but something to be mindful of all the same.

5. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

Just don't use the phone for hours and hours on end without giving it a break and you'll be fine. Dell D series laptops are known for having overheating issues because of the nvidia chipset, sometimes after awhile the video card goes and needs to be replaced, its usually overusage. However hot to you maybe warm to someone else.

6. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

In before lock. This has already been beaten to death.

7. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I have not noticed any heat at all so far and no case on mine. So far this phone is wonderful!

8. LancerzEvo

LancerzEvo Well-Known Member

Mine was getting hot for the first time after playing a game, so i rebooted it, downloaded batterylife app to check the temperature, it was about 105 deg, then it slowly decreased to a 74 degrees. I was concerned

9. patkicks10

patkicks10 Well-Known Member

Mine gets warm, not necessarily hot though.
    love it. First phone that I still like after the first week.

First i had a LG chocolate, then a Voyager... now this. its quiet a nice upgrade.

10. ex-beantowner

ex-beantowner New Member

I got an additional power charger from VzW. The first time I used it the phone got very hot and and didn't charge at all! I want another charger for work but now what can I do??

11. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

for having a plastic cover on the back mine is surprisingly cool most times. warm at most

12. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Mine got very hot once when it was plugged to the 12V car charger and I went on the web. It was strange because it went from cool to HOT in about 60 seconds. I shut the browser down and it cooled quickly.

13. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

i was wondering this also, mine gets pretty darn warm. enough where i was gonna start a thread, but didnt really see anyone commenting. I especially notice it once i have used it for more than 10 minutes or so straight....

14. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

Mine got hot the first day (think i started a thread on this) I've only notice it do it now if I'm charging and trying to play games and surf web and use a bunch of 3G stuff without giving it a break (was what I was doing first day). So I try to avoid doing a lot while its charging, also i noticed it got warm playing a game, while downloading from the market, not hot like the first day though.

15. Rockytop

Rockytop Member

My HTC Incredible just started getting very hot yesterday, even while I'm not using it...and NOT on a charger. Noticed my normally superb battery power, now taking a nose-dive. I also checked the up time/awake time...and they are staying exactly the same no matter how much I close (tried both "Close Everything" and "Task Killer". Seems like something just "snapped", because this unit has been great...got it the day it came out. Help??

16. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member

Same here man. Happened to me twice.

17. Rockytop

Rockytop Member

18. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member

I turned it off, then waited a few minutes and turned back on and all was fine. Was hoping to find an answer too.

19. Shtang

Shtang Member

Driving through a few states i had the following going,

Google Maps
    Slacker Radio
    Phone Connected to car charger

When i went to pick it up it was far warmer than i'm used to. This was with only a few hours of use and the AC keeping the interior cool. I plan on using it to Drive to FL and hope 20+ hours of use doesn't burn something.

20. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

I was using mine as GPS for about an hour and it was super hot afterwards. I checked in spare parts and the battery state was "overheating".

21. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

Yeah be careful when you're using it as a gps in your car. If you mount it on your windshield like I do then sun shines on it, it warms up the device dramatically and you'll get battery overheating blinking (alternating orange and green lights). If it's sunny, I usually just place it by my side or in my lap while driving. I'm thinking of making some kind of shade for it while docked.

22. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Think about it guys you have both a battery in use and a cpu with no fan. Of course it will get warm and with extended use hot. You just need to pay close attention so it dose not get to hot. It is designed to be used so warm is normal. Imagine how hot a 2 GHz cpu will get. :cool: