• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does your Incredible live up to the hype?

Does your Incredible live up to the hype?

• Yes

Votes: 150 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.5%

• Total voters
First post on here. Just wanted to say that this phone totally exceeds my expectations. I held out for this phone, even though I could have upgraded last November. That being said, there are a couple things that I don't like, but maybe it's cuz I haven't had an android phone before (I was coming from a Moto Q and Palm 700w w/o data package). Is there a way for the phone to sync with Google contacts? Each person has a separate entry from outlook and Google. I linked the two together, but when I edit, it asks me which one I want to edit.

I think the phone automatically syncs to google contacts without even hooking it up to your computer. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
I totally agree with that statement. It makes me wonder why this phone was never shown at any of the trade events, this phone may have been VZW's first real attempt at a viral marketing campaign. Very grassroots and in one feel swoop it stole the N1's thunder and roster spot at VZW

I get the impression VZW has put all their stock in the Droid, so they're waiting for the D2 to go on a real blitz akin to the first one.

Upvote 0
Yet the Official HTC Incredible thread on here has over 2.6 million views, and the Incredible is completely sold out until May 14. Somebody at Verizon was doing something right.

LMAO at the Verizon propaganda. The phone is sold out no where. Even warehouse fulfillment and replacement phones are going out same day.

Wean yourself from the teat of Verizon's spin machine, and come to realize that the "Official HTC Incredible Thread" (tm, patent pending) was little more than a few hundred fans bantering back-and-forth for four months. :p

Upvote 0
As others have said, there hasn't been much 'official' hype... but based on all the 'rumor hype' promoted by this board (and others), I am about 95% satisfied; the remaining 5% refers to the battery life (though I can just barely get a full day with moderate use) and the fact that something better is always around the corner.

However my LG Voyager lasted me two years, and the Incredible should last me that long - or at least until I make the plunge to 4G.

Upvote 0
Weak phone radio has dampened it a bit for me. Everything else rocks (except the lack of a KB). I am hoping they stepped the voltage on the radio down and can update with a FW update, but then again, the update to 605.2 did not update on my Inc, the install screen froze and then went back to home screen. Still on 605 and no sign of an update. Removed battery and all of the other "cling to hope" efforts.

Upvote 0
I answered yes to this poll, with a stipulation: "What hype?", where was this phone promoted??? Nowhere, you had to actively search it. I only found it as an alternative to the N1 which never came out.

I'm glad it did, because it's kick ass...

But yea, it did live up to the hype, because there was no hype to live up too.

Upvote 0
Absolutely...best Android phone I've ever used and I've used the Nexus One (T-Mobile and AT&T), Desire, Legend, Motorola Droid, and Droid Eris, Acer Liquid and the original Hero. Yes I get to use a lot of Smartphones, one of the benefits of my job.

It's faster than and iPhone, has more flexibility than an iPhone. And doesn't drop calls like the iPhone on AT&T either. In fact it has most everything on the iPhone other than the touchscreen and keyboard and of course the music player. When is someone going to write a great Android Music player.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones