• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Doesn't charge, freezes, and overheats.

Goodbye

Lurker
Mar 19, 2011
This is BEYOND aggravating. I have a refurbished Droid 2 Global and a new battery. My first phone that I recieved for Christmas kept overheating. Now my new phone, the silicone case STILL makes me feel like it's overheating. I'm a regular at the Verizon store asking for assistance. My Droid takes 12 hours to charge from 30%??? I think it might be the phone again, I've tried 3 different chargers and it doesn't change. Also, my phone freezes fairly often to the point where I need to reboot it by removing the battery. Ideas?? Anything is appreciated.
- Tiffany

This is BEYOND aggravating. I have a refurbished Droid 2 Global and a new battery. My first phone that I recieved for Christmas kept overheating. Now my new phone, the silicone case STILL makes me feel like it's overheating. I'm a regular at the Verizon store asking for assistance. My Droid takes 12 hours to charge from 30%??? I think it might be the phone again, I've tried 3 different chargers and it doesn't change. Also, my phone freezes fairly often to the point where I need to reboot it by removing the battery. Ideas?? Anything is appreciated.
- Tiffany

Do you still have the silicone cover on it? My Eris overheats all the time and I use a silicone cover. Have you checked it w/o the cover? Also once my battery gets to 117f it will stop charging and I have to let it cool down before it will charge. I use Battstat (free in the market). There's two I beleive but I use the one with a ? on it. Try it and monitor your temps. Hope that helps. The freezing is due to the battery overheating. No offince to the people at the store but they sell stuff not trouble shoot. There's plenty of people on here that can help you.

Upvote 0
Do you still have the silicone cover on it? My Eris overheats all the time and I use a silicone cover. Have you checked it w/o the cover? Also once my battery gets to 117f it will stop charging and I have to let it cool down before it will charge. I use Battstat (free in the market). There's two I beleive but I use the one with a ? on it. Try it and monitor your temps. Hope that helps. The freezing is due to the battery overheating.

Thank you. Yeah, when I had the case off it seemed to cool down. I'll download Battstat :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones