• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Doesn't show new emails

Hi there.

I bought an HTC One V yesterday.
I have 3 email accounts: gmail, hotmail and my University emails (Microsoft Exchange).
My gmail account I had set to push emails when it first asked me to (So I get my emails sent to my phone as soon as they are sent to the email address?)
I did the same with the other 2 email addresses.

Apart from my university emails, my phone does not pick up when I have any new ones.
I deleted my hotmail account on my phone (having set it up using the hotmail choice). I then used the POP3/IMAP choice to set up my hotmail account. There was no push choice, but I have asked it to check for emails every 5 minutes in peak and off-peak times.

I still don't get any new emails sent to my phone from gmail and hotmail (but I do for my university emails). When I sign in online on a computer, there are new emails sitting there from an hour ago.

How do I make my phone pick up my new emails?

Thank you.

I have two email accounts on my One V. They have exactly the same sync settings, the only difference being that the intervals are slightly different (for the default account, I have it set to check mail every 5 min, while the secondary account is set for every 15 minutes. At off peak times, both accounts are set for smart sync. Oddly though, only the secondary account seems to sync automatically (in either peak or offpeak times). To get the default account to pick up mail, I have to manually refresh.

Ideas welcome.

Upvote 0
I have solved the problem. Delete the existing email account. Go into Accounts & Sync. Click on the + button and add your email account to this screen. I couldn't get my emails to work without doing a manual sync. Tried all the settings but this now works PERFECTLY. If you want to check before doing this - go into Accounts & Sync and you will probably find that the 'Mail' icon is not there. Once you have done the above procedure you will see the account appear.

Upvote 0
I too had a problem with email on my Samsung android cell phone. My 1and1 based email account stopped loading emails on my cell. My Samsung android tablet was fine. No errors. Sending worked fine. The "Load more emails" function went through the motions but nothing loaded. Nothing seemed to correct it. Finally I deleted and reinstalled the email account and that solved the problem. ..at least for now. I expect it to reoccur although I have no idea what caused it. I seldom use email from my cell so I can't really link the problem with any specific update or upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones