• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't buy this phone.

Arbu

Sep 12, 2011
I thought I'd post something here to temper the enthusiasm that seems to prevail on this board for the San Francisco II. I've had one for a year now and I really regret buying it. I spent ages trying to root it in accordance with the instructions on this forum and it didn't work. Now I have the following problems which may be the result of the rooting or may just be problems the phone has anyway I don't know:

1. I have 1.81GB available on the SD card, but the phone won't use this, only the internal storage for most things, so it's perpetually telling me to free up space and I have to keep deleting things.
2. When I turn it off it turns itself back on again after about five minutes. This is not good in an aircraft of course so I have to take the battery out when I fly.
3. I downloaded an App called Light Flow Lite because I was sick of the excess notifications. I set it to flash red for low battery, purple for missed calls and blue for SMS. Instead of doing any of this it flashes green continuously. I have no idea what this means.
4. Sometimes the battery only lasts half a day.
5. When I connect it to my computer it's never recognised. Every time I want to transfer something I have to uninstall the driver and reinstall it.

If anyone can tell me how to fix any of the above in a way that won't leave me going through pages of instructions I'd be glad to hear about it. But I think the phone is a joke.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones