• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Don't forget to remove the plastic film on the back of the screen

I'll leave mine on, I can always remove it later.
you can hone your skills... with a pair of tweezers... just ribbin' ya
its purty darn sexxy, and shiny now. I match the pic on motorolas site now.
You two (and the motorola.com picture) convinced me. It's off and seems to slide the same, just looks better.

BTW, this is the first day I've used my Droid like a normal phone, part-time web browser and gmail reader and my battery is still at 70% at the end of the day.

Upvote 0
Add me to the list of people who are glad they did it.

It opens a little easier, while I haven't tested it in my pocket over a period of time yet I can see how it might open a little bit on accident...but that wouldn't be the end of the world either. I was a little confused by people saying it's a smoother motion without it, because I didn't consider mine to be rough or very resisted (felt pretty natural) to begin with...but it is a nice, smooth motion now.

It does look 1000 times better with out it (make sure you keep it clean though).

Upvote 0
And what shall you all do with this information? 3 days out of the box.:)
100_1820.jpg

I peeled mine last night thanks to this thread. I am noticing a slight squeak now when I slide the keyboard, but I discovered that it's being caused by one of the tabs on the Body Glove case. The plastic must have been deadening the sound originally. I guess it's a good thing I'm ditching the Body Glove once my Phantom Skinz get here!
Notice on the picture where the plastic is starting to peel away... that's where the tab on the Body Glove scrapes against the back of the screen... started squeaking once I peeled the plastic... so I ditched the Body Glove.

Upvote 0
Just got the Droid, came out of the dark ages from my previous cell phones and am overwhelmed by the phone.

1. Read the OP...thought "wow can't believe I missed that" started to peel up a corner

2. Continued reading and tried to flatten the corner but could not smooth it out like before

3. Stressed back and forth, remove it/don't remove it/remove it/don't remove it

4. Wear marks on the film from less than two days of use, figured the peeled up edge was going to get caught so I just removed it

Seems okay so far....

I'm not very technically savvy but I am OCDish and appreciate this thread. :)

Upvote 0
Repeated opening and closing "with" the film left on the product will slowly spread the mechanism apart and when it finally "is' removed, the phone's slider will then be looser than the factory specification allow for, and will cause discrepencies in the mechanism's ability to function as intended...

:D j/k... Plausible tho....

WOW this things a slider! I guess now your going to tell me it really makes phone calls! LOL :D Guess I will be a remover, only time it gets opened anyway is when freinds admire it! ;)

Upvote 0
I bet "Denise C." lives in India.
After I read that conversation with Denise C., I scanned the rest of the thread to see if anyone else made your comment, and if not post it yourself. God damn you for beating me to it :(

You know what the funny thing is? I'm an American-born Indian. I just find stereotypes and any racy things hilarious, even if its things about me or things that I enjoy.

Upvote 0
I took the film off the day reading this post, about a week ago or so..

It seemed fine at first.. slid a little easier/smoother...

BUT NOW, it's TOO LOOSE for my taste.. the bottom of the phone easily starts to slide over with little to no pushing, the top holds in place a little better.. If I had to do it all over again, I would leave the film..

Nothing I can't live with, but, for those reading this post and have yet to remove the film, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.. mmmmuwhaaaaaahahaaa.. :D

FC

Upvote 0
Darn it all you guys !@!

After 18 months, JUST last week I took the plastic film off the cover of my laptop and NOW you want me to take off more plastic that I didn't even know was there?

What about the plastic labels that tell me my laptop has: radiance imprint finish, webcam, lightscribe, nvidia geo .. .. - what will I do if if they're not there?
:D

I left mine on for now. My Droid is less than a week old, and I'm not "ready" yet..haha. What nerds I tell ya (including me)! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones