• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Doogee X5 Pro] Problem with storage

Qbsoon

Lurker
Aug 27, 2016
Hi!
Many people can't install apps on sdcard. I have another problem. I can't install apps on phone storage!
So, I will start from the beginning.
I'm using ES Explorator. And in ES my sdcard is named sdcard0 and phone storage is named sdcard1. I think it is strange, beacuse always sdcard is named sdcard1.
So, everything I'm downloading is downloading to my sdcard, which I want to use only for music and photos (Beacuse I have more memory on phone).
I've downloaded Fifa 16, and weights 1,2gb or somethink like that. 1,1gb of that is on sdcard. So I clicked options, and applications, then I clicked Fifa 16. And there was a button named "Move to phone memory" or something like that (I don't know beacuse, my country language is polish and I don't know how to exacly translate it). I clicked that button. Ant only about 100mb was moved to phone memory.
What can I do with that? Will I have to remove sdcard before installing something?
Thanks in Advance!

Edit: I sawed that this problem is diffrent. Applications are installing on phone storage, but not all of them.
Few of them can, but their obb files or on sd.
Edit2: I read what is exacly writed in ES on start. And SD card is named Internal Storage, and Phone storage is named External Storage. This is very very very stange.

Sounds like the Doogee X5 Pro might have partitioned internal storage, rather than unified. Partitioned storage being a legacy thing from 2.x Android versions. However some lesser Chinese manufacturers seem to make their devices that way for some reason.

Suggest you install Storage Truth and post back the results, which will give us a better idea of what's going on with your phone's storage layout.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sa.storagetruth
It's safe as it comes from @scary alien :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
M0XNk0C.png
zAxR150.png

Upvote 0
That actually looks OK. Single unified internal partition, which is /data for your apps, their data, and anything else, and should be plenty free at the moment.

Things like FIFA 16 though are very large games, which do need to run on internal storage, they just don't have options to use SD. And presumably that's the devs decisions. If one is a real gamer with Android, frankly one should be looking at a minimum of 32GB internal storage now in a phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones