• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Double Contacts and Navigation

Whenever my phone syncs with my google contacts it ends up with 2 identical copies. Ideas on how to get rid of that?

When I try to use navigation and use a contact I get a message saying there are no contacts with addresses but there are (and they copies have them too)

Help!
Good question. I don't want to sync with google until someone comes up with an answer.

Upvote 0
Well that sounds like all is well in the setup. Have you clicked on the big G and unchecked sync contacts to see if you get duplicates? I would imagine that you would not get any contact updates but if there is a second account that is not showing up it might reveal it. Also if you have not already done so you can go into your gmail account on your computer and click on contacts then select all with the check mark box at the top. Go over to the tab/drop down box labeled "More" and select "Find and Merge Duplicates" from the drop down list. This should get rid of any duplicates in your gmail contact account. Then re-sync with your Android and see if that resolves the issue. If this does not work and you are using something like facebook as well you might want to turn off its sync capability using your computer and see if that resolves the issue.

Upvote 0
Also if I go to create a contact I am asked for the same email twice one as google and one as coporate

Lemme guess. I'll guess the dupes you're seeing are due to you sync'ing with your works Microsoft Exchange server/Outlook Exchange server and GMail also. Hence 'corporate'?.

See page 57 and 58 of the Online ZTE Warp User Manual, "Setting Up a Microsoft Exchange Email". Or, stop sync'ing to one or the other and the dupes will cease I'd imagine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones