• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Double SMS notifications...aarrrrghhh!!!!

My first post here got a Fascinate and bought the handcent app after trying it out and I really love it but I realized I had the BeautifulSMS which I also really like too and when you mentioned it went off like powder keg and I had my double and triple alert fixed instantly. Alot people I think get app happy which I do alot and I think these little conflicts are usually multiple programs doing the same job and we forget quickly that we played with it and installed it and forgot its features that all being said thanks again for the great advice and trouble shooting.:):):):):)

Arick

Upvote 0
Amazing thread!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO much for relieving my pain... I've been ridiculously frustrated with the unknown sms notification. When I checked to enable notification from the stock sms app, I would get triple sms notification. And I couldn't figure out where the 3rd super ugly sms notification icon came from?

Thank you so much again for your help in pointing this out. I am using a Nexus S. At first I was thinking maybe it was a bug for my device, but it seems like no one was having this trouble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones