• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downgrade evo to 2.1

HTC is working on a official patch to bring the unofficial patch people to the same version as the official... don't worry

2.2 VPN doesnt work and without root access OpenVPN cant be installed - So there really does need to be an official way to go back and a custom rom with root access is all I'll ever install again after this fiasco.

I'm sure the "corporate" goal is to stop roots, wifi tether, etc. but everything I'm trying to do is supposed to be supported and I'm getting quite upset over this bug in the upgrade with no option to remove. Reinstalling my old rom should have been trivial and under my control.

I'm currently escalated with Sprint over this VPN issue - They are responsive to the problem, but unfortunately no resolution is obvious. I'll update again, but it sounds like whatever they do will be "magic" at the repair center, not something I can do / share.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones