• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrade hboot - Who wants to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koopakid08

Android Expert
Mar 14, 2011
Behind you
Is there anyone out there willing to try to downgrade their hboot? It involves bricking your device on purpose. I asked this on XDA:

Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question but can this process be used with the rebranded Virgin Mobile Evo 3D with hboot 1.57?

Sent from space
And got this reply:
Hi koopakid08, my guess is yes, but I don't have one to test out. I don't believe they've made any hardware changes to it, but I could be completely wrong. I don't believe it should be an issue, but I also can't guarantee that you'll have no problems.

~co~

Is anyone up for it? if so follow the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1547695

Why are you going to chance doing a downgrade and possibly bricking your phone. I posted a viable non-brickable s-off method in this forum. It has been tested and confirmed to work. Even globatron (the dev for the s-off method) said it works.

I posted this before I saw your S-off thread. I was just putting it up here to see if anyone wanted to try. I will delete my post if you want, I was just posting what I read.

Upvote 0
I'm going to lock the thread, as it's possible that it bricks the phone by attempting to downgrade, but I'll leave this up as a reference to others. Please PM me if you think that the thread should be re-opened.

Also, OP, if you simply want it deleted, like you indicated, please PM me and I can delete the thread. But I would like to keep it locked as a reference for others.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones