• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage 15.1 for J7 Prime SM-G610F

D

Deleted User

Lineage 15.1 for J7 Prime SM-G610F

This isn't technically my original creation, I just made a newer build of something someone else already started but has since given up on. Either way though I figured I'd mirror it here so it can reach a wider audience. This is Lineage 15.1 for the J7 Prime, SM-G610F variant. If you try to flash this on something else that's not the SM-G610F variant you'll probably have a bad time

As always I am not responsible for what you choose to do to your own phone. Flashing mods like this may void your warranty. Don't come breaking down my door at 2AM if flashing this causes some problem on your device

Please note too that I don't actually own this phone, this was a blind build by me for a friend that has this. I was just going to give him the updated ROM zip but then I figured I'd post it up here for anyone else that wants to use it as well. So be warned that I can't actually test & confirm this works myself (and my friend hasn't flashed it yet either as of me writing this message) so I can't say for certain that it'll work. I'm 99.99% sure it'll work though and I have no reason to BELIEVE it won't, I just can't say for certain yet until him or someone else lets me know

WHAT WORKS:
  • Should be pretty much everything (going off the old ROM build by the original creator)
WHAT DOESN'T WORK:
  • My friend that used the old build told me before that his phone would sometimes best up and apps that shouldn't be slow were really slow (Reddit and Clash Royale namely). But again those were from the old original builds, hopefully this upstreamed one I made is better and fixes some stuff
  • You tell me, since I don't actually have the phone myself
SOURCE CODE:
ROM DOWNLOAD:
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
  • Lineage OS for being there for you, even when the rain starts to pour
  • Everyone in that Exynos7870 github group, because making functioning trees for an exynos chipset is no easy task... yet they actually pulled it off!
  • XDA user DarkLord1731. Again, these builds were originally his, but his last build was from December of last year. By this point I can reasonably assume he has moved onto newer projects (it looks like he's working on Lineage 16 for this phone now, check it out here) and won't be making builds of this anymore--therefore I took the source and made my own version of his original idea, albeit with newer security patches and upstream fixes. Give him the credit for the original idea. He very clearly did this first, he deserves all the real credit!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocnbrze

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones