• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downgrade or Root Questions

wideman

Lurker
Jun 17, 2010
So i installed a leaked version of 2.1 back in December.

Its awful, i hate it - I want to downgrade back to 1.5. But i have been told it will brick my phone?

Is there anyway i can do this? or Is there a way i can root my phone from this leaked version of 2.1?

I basically just want my phone to work like it should - no dial lag, no call lag(I select someone to call - it takes mintues for the phone to start ringing) - im sick of having to wait a minute before i can start typing a text!

Any help would be amazing guys. So again - I upgraded to 2.1 by flashing it off my SD - I would like to downgrade, or root my phone.

Cheers

So i installed a leaked version of 2.1 back in December.

Its awful, i hate it - I want to downgrade back to 1.5. But i have been told it will brick my phone?

Is there anyway i can do this? or Is there a way i can root my phone from this leaked version of 2.1?

I basically just want my phone to work like it should - no dial lag, no call lag(I select someone to call - it takes mintues for the phone to start ringing) - im sick of having to wait a minute before i can start typing a text!

Any help would be amazing guys. So again - I upgraded to 2.1 by flashing it off my SD - I would like to downgrade, or root my phone.

Cheers

What is your software build number? It's in settings>about phone>software info>build number. It sounds like you have a much older leak of 2.1 installed, in which case you can upgrade to a newer leak, you just can't root or downgrade if you're on a leak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones