• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download 3026.prl (Latest) and Update Instructions! (Regularly Updated)

Not sure exactly what you mean. If there is 3G in your area then yes it will use it just like 4G.
I think he's asking if it will drop to 3g first instead of 1x if 4g isnt that strong. I think it will drop to whatever signal is stronger, so if your in an area with strong 3g and bad 4g then thats what you will get, but if 4g and 3g are not that strong then 1x is what you will get.

Reactions: Martykus
Upvote 0
I think he's asking if it will drop to 3g first instead of 1x if 4g isnt that strong. I think it will drop to whatever signal is stronger, so if your in an area with strong 3g and bad 4g then thats what you will get, but if 4g and 3g are not that strong then 1x is what you will get.

Yes. You are right, it will only use whichever network is stronger if one network is unavailable.

Upvote 0
I got 4G/3G/1x now on the Esteem.......this phone is so much better than my Indulge.
Also put the PRL on my wife's LG Optimus M....
now she get's 3G "most" of the time here in Miami..and get's phone calls in places 2 weeks ago she would not.
So metro has done a good thing because I was getting tired of not having signal or data with my Indulge and calling the wife when she was places and just getting voice mail.
So put the 3025 on your phones....it works, here in Miami with no problems.

Upvote 0
I got the esteem now
I got PRL 3025 loaded today and also got it rooted
With the new PRL i have yet to drop 4g
So will see of i get 3g here in Miami

I got 4G/3G/1x now on the Esteem.......this phone is so much better than my Indulge.
Also put the PRL on my wife's LG Optimus M....
now she get's 3G "most" of the time here in Miami..and get's phone calls in places 2 weeks ago she would not.
So metro has done a good thing because I was getting tired of not having signal or data with my Indulge and calling the wife when she was places and just getting voice mail.
So put the 3025 on your phones....it works, here in Miami with no problems.

This section is for the Samsung Galaxy Indulge, not the LG Esteem. Please find your way to that section and post about your "amazing" phone there. Thanks.

Upvote 0
and switched to the Esteem.
Just sold the indulge on eBay to offset the cost
Any phone can get the 3G if you update the PRL
If no 4G then falls back to to 3G OR 1X, but now you will have more towers, get more signal.
My Esteem falls from 4G (metro - GREEN arrows) to 4G (other providers - WHITE arrows) to 3G GREEN or WHITE but still sometimes (but rare now) drops to 1X.
Someone said go to the "Esteem to post about your amazing phone".....lighten up.
I am posting about 3025.prl BUT it does seem to work better on the Esteem (chip manufactuer, 4G radios, antenna placment,etc.etc)
At least it's not the iPhone 4 with the "grip of death to signal because of bad placement of antennas"..........

Upvote 0
and switched to the Esteem.
Just sold the indulge on eBay to offset the cost
Any phone can get the 3G if you update the PRL
If no 4G then falls back to to 3G OR 1X, but now you will have more towers, get more signal.
My Esteem falls from 4G (metro - GREEN arrows) to 4G (other providers - WHITE arrows) to 3G GREEN or WHITE but still sometimes (but rare now) drops to 1X.
Someone said go to the "Esteem to post about your amazing phone".....lighten up.
I am posting about 3025.prl BUT it does seem to work better on the Esteem (chip manufactuer, 4G radios, antenna placment,etc.etc)
At least it's not the iPhone 4 with the "grip of death to signal because of bad placement of antennas"..........

Well the LG Esteem forum is best for you, the part that made me a little upset was you putting the Indulge down, and this is the Indulge forum which means you will find nothing but Indulge owners who still use it so calling it a bad phone by bragging how cool the esteem is really wont help phill and if you want to do that Esteem forum is best for it.

Back on topic now.

Upvote 0
ok so i updated from 3019 to 3025 im in los angeles c.a and i get 3g its a bit faster than one 1x but now my 4g speed got slower was it because i did something wrong while updating or what? i got the r910 and everything looks fine but i might be wrong

There's is nothing wrong with your phone, its just the PRL. Use whichever is best for you.. if you use 4G and need it much more than the 3G then use the PRL whichever is best for it.

I for one however don't care for 4G at all and just stick to 3G since my battery lasts me through the day.

Upvote 0
This section is for the Samsung Galaxy Indulge, not the LG Esteem. Please find your way to that section and post about your "amazing" phone there. Thanks.

Wow. Someone is upset. PRLs arent just for the Indulge. And to be honest this PRL most likely came from the Optimus M forum which is the first place on this whole site it was posted at.

Anyways, I follow al the PRL threads and retrieve the newest ones I can find to "supply" a list of PRLs on the unleashed prepaid site for people flashing phones or trying to get 3G, and over at the Ascend forum, which I own one and have played with the PRls on it alot, someone was asking if anyone had the 3026 download, I guess somewhere or someone he knows has a 26 but anybody seen or heard of the 3026?

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
There's is nothing wrong with your phone, its just the PRL. Use whichever is best for you.. if you use 4G and need it much more than the 3G then use the PRL whichever is best for it.

I for one however don't care for 4G at all and just stick to 3G since my battery lasts me through the day.

thx i thought i did something wrong but i guess not...the other guy wasn't much help lol

Upvote 0
Had a bit of a problem with getting my computer to recognize my rooted Indulge once plugged in & realized that is was the USB cable all along.

Still haven't figured out why it will charge from my computer with my old USB cable but computer would not detect my phone. (maybe just a faulty cable)

I am happy to say that I have successfully update my prl to 3025 & will let you know how the 3G works out over here in Ontario California.

All you guys rock & I am checking these posts almost daily. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi all, I have the R915 indulge & wanted to know if I can update my prl to 3025 on my phone? If so, were are the instructions to do it? Been searching the forum and cant find anything on how its done. The PRL version on my cricket indulge R915 is 45551 now.
Thank You
TC
The Instructions and everything that you need is in the 1st post of this thread.

EDIT:
Sorry I was wrong, Im not sure if R915 users can update their PRL this way.

Reactions: tlc08071
Upvote 0
Had a bit of a problem with getting my computer to recognize my rooted Indulge once plugged in & realized that is was the USB cable all along.

Still haven't figured out why it will charge from my computer with my old USB cable but computer would not detect my phone. (maybe just a faulty cable)

I am happy to say that I have successfully update my prl to 3025 & will let you know how the 3G works out over here in Ontario California.

All you guys rock & I am checking these posts almost daily. Thanks!

I have that same problem, you can only use it as a usb if its a samsung branded cable, if not it will only charge from it but wont allow you to use it as a usb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones