• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

download unsuccessful amazon app store

sharlan

Nov 6, 2009
The amazon app store disappeared from my HTC incredible and I can't reinstall it. Following Amazon's instructions, I get a message with the link, click on it and get "download unsuccessful."

I've browsed extensively on this subject, trying all suggestions (IOS is up to date, all caches cleared, allowing unknown sources), ultimately performing a factory reset of my phone, which didn't solve the problem.

I haven't seen any other people with this exact problem. Does that suggest the problem's with my phone or my SD card?

Random question: Could this be a result of the change from Google market to Google Play?

Thank you.

The amazon app store disappeared from my HTC incredible and I can't reinstall it. Following Amazon's instructions, I get a message with the link, click on it and get "download unsuccessful."

I've browsed extensively on this subject, trying all suggestions (IOS is up to date, all caches cleared, allowing unknown sources), ultimately performing a factory reset of my phone, which didn't solve the problem.

I haven't seen any other people with this exact problem. Does that suggest the problem's with my phone or my SD card?

Random question: Could this be a result of the change from Google market to Google Play?

Thank you.
You've probably already done this, but...

Have you looked at Menu > Settings > Applications > Unkown Sources to make sure it is checked?

Just a thought.

-Frank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones