• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

download unsuccessfull

Hi. Ive been having the same problem for weeks now! I can go on the net,download from marketplace etc but i cant download pictures,quotes etc anymore i always used to be able to. When i click on a picture for example,and push dowload or save to ph,it keeps saying "waiting for data connection" then after 5mins "download unsuccesfull" how did u fix this?

Upvote 0
Thanks, but no luck, it didn't work.:thinking::(

I have always been able to download apps and music still, but for some reason when i am on the internet and want to save a picture or quote,it wont do it anymore. It just says " waiting for data connection " stays on that for 5 mins then says "download unsuccessfull" have done the remove battery,remove sim etc etc and did what you said which ive done previously hoping it would work,but nope!

I used to be able to do it no probs, so it is bizarre and frustrating.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but no luck, it didn't work.:thinking::(

I have always been able to download apps and music still, but for some reason when i am on the internet and want to save a picture or quote,it wont do it anymore. It just says " waiting for data connection " stays on that for 5 mins then says "download unsuccessfull" have done the remove battery,remove sim etc etc and did what you said which ive done previously hoping it would work,but nope!

I used to be able to do it no probs, so it is bizarre and frustrating.

Try this:
Settings>Applications>Check Unknown Resources
Hope this works! :)

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy, and tried both fixes shown above: cleared Download Manager, and made sure "Unknown sources" is checked under Applications. I still can't download: the "waiting for data connection" message, then Unsuccessful Download.
Can anyone offer another suggestion? I download a lot from my browser, and suddenly losing this capability a few days ago is really bothering me.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy, and tried both fixes shown above: cleared Download Manager, and made sure "Unknown sources" is checked under Applications. I still can't download: the "waiting for data connection" message, then Unsuccessful Download.
Can anyone offer another suggestion? I download a lot from my browser, and suddenly losing this capability a few days ago is really bothering me.
Thanks!
Have you tried using a different browser like opera mobile or Dolphin HD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones