• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloads Interrupted When Phone Goes To Sleep

I noticed that my file downloads stop when my phone starts to go to sleep, even though I am connected to Wi-Fi, and they cannot resume. Because of that, I have to constantly keep the phone awake by touching the screen in order to download larger files. Is this going to be fixed in 2.3? Is there a better workaround? I am using HTC Evo.

I noticed that my file downloads stop when my phone starts to go to sleep, even though I am connected to Wi-Fi, and they cannot resume. Because of that, I have to constantly keep the phone awake by touching the screen in order to download larger files. Is this going to be fixed in 2.3? Is there a better workaround? I am using HTC Evo.

Try this:
Menu then Settings then Wireless & Networks then Wi-Fi Settings then press Menu again and select Advanced. Now select Wi-Fi Sleep Policy and change it to Never. I know it sounds counter intuitive but this doesn't really use anymore battery and your downloads should finish in the background. Might not fix it but I am pretty sure it will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones