• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 2.3.5 but NO Google Voice actions available

I have a no name brand tablet that is running 2.3.5 but it does NOT have the microphone that I LOVE to use in Android. I cannot see how to add that feature. I went to a Google website that had "Voice Actions" but when I tried to get it it said not supported on your device even though the website said I need 2.2 Froyo or higher. I have 2.3.5 so I assume it could work. Is there an older version or something out there? I cannot upgrade this OS since this tablet is part of a car stereo and it would likely ruin the connection. Besides this issue I cannot see any difference using this tablet vs. any other decent cheap one.

Anyone know a workaround to add voice action searches or whatever that microphone is suppossed to be called?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones