• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 2 Touch Screen Problem

Ecxtasye

Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
I've had my Droid 2 (not global) for almost 2 years now and dropped it numerous times with everything still intact.

A few weeks ago I dropped it once more in a parking lot and now part of the screen doesn't seem to respond. It seems to be 1/4 of the screen not working, the 1/4 part from the back button all the way up to the top.

______
|oooxo|
|oooxo|
|oooxo|
|oooxo|
======

The little picture above is the screen of my phone, the x parts are the parts of the screen that will not respond.

When I dropped it, there wasn't any damage to the glass, screen, or the phone itself it seemed. When I went to unlock the phone, the bar slid a bit, then it was as if I took my finger off the screen. I now have to unlock it with 2 fingers.

I tried turning the phone off, taking out the battery, seeing if there was any foreign object in the edges, almost everything except taking the phone apart.

I was planning to do a factory reset (which is probably pointless as it's hardware related) but wanted to come here first to ask for anyone's help on fixing this.

My warranty is up, I do not have insurance, but I'm close for an upgrade. I'm already assuming I just have to tough it out and wait for that day.

Thank you for your time

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones