• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DROID Calendar ????

lobe50

Nov 6, 2009
Hi All

Like many other I picked up the DROID 2Day. I am trying to learn everything at once of course...lol

My ?/Problem is .....
I work a 4 day ON 2 day OFF schedule, so I set up events to show my 1st thru 4th days ON. On my BlackBerry Storm I can schedule an event to reoccur every 6 days for each of the 4 days ON. This allows me to easily look at the calendar and know what days I am working in the future.

I can't see that you can do this w/ Google/Droid?? The repeat options are limited and don't seem to allow you to set specific days for the repeat???

Any help is appreciated. Thanks & ENJOY !!!!

Hi All

Like many other I picked up the DROID 2Day. I am trying to learn everything at once of course...lol

My ?/Problem is .....
I work a 4 day ON 2 day OFF schedule, so I set up events to show my 1st thru 4th days ON. On my BlackBerry Storm I can schedule an event to reoccur every 6 days for each of the 4 days ON. This allows me to easily look at the calendar and know what days I am working in the future.

I can't see that you can do this w/ Google/Droid?? The repeat options are limited and don't seem to allow you to set specific days for the repeat???

Any help is appreciated. Thanks & ENJOY !!!!

Have you tried it with google calendar? Then it will sync to your phone.

Upvote 0
Sometimes I am such an idiot...LOL

I was trying the reoccurence in Yahoo mail......But Gmail Calendar does allow you to set the specific # of days for repeat.

So that fixed it...
Now I have to see if the DROID has some sort of a "Today" screen like my Storm had?????

Thanks

Upvote 0
Sometimes I am such an idiot...LOL

I was trying the reoccurence in Yahoo mail......But Gmail Calendar does allow you to set the specific # of days for repeat.

So that fixed it...
Now I have to see if the DROID has some sort of a "Today" screen like my Storm had?????

Thanks

No "Today" screen theme like on BB...but you can put an agenda calendar on your home screen...good ones:

- Laik Agenda Widget - free (my fav)
- CalWidget - free
- Pure Calendar widget (Agenda) - 1.5 euuros (Might be a free trial)

Try Pure Email widget for emails/SMS on the home page. There are other SMS widgets as well...

Upvote 0
No "Today" screen theme like on BB...but you can put an agenda calendar on your home screen...good ones:

- Laik Agenda Widget - free (my fav)
- CalWidget - free
- Pure Calendar widget (Agenda) - 1.5 euuros (Might be a free trial)

Try Pure Email widget for emails/SMS on the home page. There are other SMS widgets as well...

I'm impressed with Laik. Was using CalWidget but it seems to bring a bit of slow down switching home screens, which is not present with Laik. CalWidget looks better through.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones