• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Charge contact ringtone selection - Go Launcher

MattHamby

Lurker
Jan 17, 2011
I am having a problem with my contacts. I am trying to change the ringtone of some contacts in my list, I access my contacts through Go Contacts, select the contact I want to change, I try to change the ringtone from "default ringtone" to whatever I want then click done. Once I go back to the contact it is back to default ringtone. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing, is this an issue with the Go Suite? I had the same problem on my Fascinate.

This seems to only be a problem with changing the contact to "silent". I want certain contacts to be silent all the time, while most are standard ringtones

Thanks for any help!

Matt

well, this is something weird - there is no silent option in the stock contacts - I think that is the problem, go has the option, but it's not available due to there not being an option on the phone to start with? Anyway, with that I think I have found a solution - I am going to record a sound of nothing and set it as my ringtone, I think that will work.

Thanks, you have been very helpful!

Matt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones