• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid charge, iphone 4 or wait?

Flash tho isn't a big deal anymore. Most sites conform for apple right or wrong unless there's an app. I never had one time where I had a site not play.

No idea what you mean by rating. Explain that one further.

As for alt browsers and such.... At least my iPhone had gtalk video chat. Sort of a black eye for google. Vtolk I think the app was. And it is in the normal app store.

I'm not a fanboy for either. I just think the silly comments some make are unfounded and people who ask for info should get non biased info. Not stuff like 16 year old girl comments.

A phone doesn't make the man. If it does that other poster has bigger issues lol.

I guess at the end of the day, charge or iPhone, I would say it depends on how you will use the phone. They are both very good.

If you love iTunes and apps it's the iPhone. Or if your friends have iPhones and you want FaceTime.

If you dont and love 4g speed and most mainstream apps get the Charge.

It also depends on what kind of apps. Apple has more food ordering apps lol. I miss the chipotle app haha.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi WizeGuyzDezignz,

Could you anwser my questions? I want to keep the charge and think technically speaking it is a superior phone to the iphone..I am just new to the whole smart phone experience.

I am new to android and just bought a Droid Charge...all my friends are trying to convince me to trade for a Iphone but it sounds like android is pretty awesome...I have tons of questions and a lot to learn but am pretty savy with electronics, which is why I got the charge..the specs were just alot better then the Iphone5. That beeing said I have noticed some stuff...for instance all the websites say it has 512 RAM and ROM but my task manager says I only have 328 MB of RAM when I go to turn-off programs. Why is that? Did I get a bunk phone?

Also I keep hearing about Launcher Pro..what is it ans should I download it? Also I here I should download a better browser...which one and how do I default to that one...

Also..what is bootloading? and Rooting?

I'm going to jump on this bandwagon to, WizeGuyzDezignz! I've had a Droid Charge for a few months. I'm ready to throw the thing out the window or up a Verizon's reps... The battery life is horrible. I'm realizing that in the morning over my coffee before focusing on work I must be a super user at times. What can I do to make the battery life go longer than 4hrs? One rep told me to disable Mobile Data, but that's BS because what's the reason for having a smartphone if you take away the notifications, emails, texts coming in. I am jealous of my iphone4 friends that can go days without charging and I can't even go 5hrs.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones