Droid charging port loose?Support

Last Updated:

1. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else had the problem of a loose charger port on their Droid? I bought my Droid 13 months ago and just noticed this week that when I go to connect my home charger, the phone will reboot and then not recognize that it is plugged in. If I play around with the cord so that it is at a slight angle, I am able to get it to charge.

I have a bad feeling this is a result of playing games on the phone while plugged in which may have "stretched" the charging "sleeve" in the phone. I tried to use a mini-screwdriver to pry the metal clips inward to force a tighter fit but it did no good and I am afraid to mess with it too much for fear of causing irreversible damage.

Of course I do not have insurance on the phone and the one year warranty just expired. Anyone have a solution that might work? In the meantime, I just have to be extremely careful to adjust the cord just right to guarantee a connection.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Or, conversely your home charge plug might be bad...have you tried a different charger?

3. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

try another charger 1st..
    mine was doing the same on my wall charger so I swapped it with another and it's fine, now you just may get lucky.