• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid charging port loose?

esmith818

Android Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2009
NC
Has anyone else had the problem of a loose charger port on their Droid? I bought my Droid 13 months ago and just noticed this week that when I go to connect my home charger, the phone will reboot and then not recognize that it is plugged in. If I play around with the cord so that it is at a slight angle, I am able to get it to charge.

I have a bad feeling this is a result of playing games on the phone while plugged in which may have "stretched" the charging "sleeve" in the phone. I tried to use a mini-screwdriver to pry the metal clips inward to force a tighter fit but it did no good and I am afraid to mess with it too much for fear of causing irreversible damage.

Of course I do not have insurance on the phone and the one year warranty just expired. Anyone have a solution that might work? In the meantime, I just have to be extremely careful to adjust the cord just right to guarantee a connection.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones