• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Charging Port type?

chris070780

Lurker
Aug 10, 2010
I am wondering what the charging port type is on the droid? I just noticed that my droid car mount will slide onto my motorcycle TomTom mount. The problem is I wired my bike with the standard USB charger. The droid uses some different type of usb connector. What do they call it? Do they make an adaptor to go from the Droid connector to the standard USB connector?

Thanks for the help!

Sorry about the price I just quick hit newegg without looking around too much. Liked it for the pictures so you could see if that was what you needed. If thats the right one I would search around a little more you can see it doesn't take much. Last time I needed one I actually bought a 3 inch "tail" style one from RadioShack for like 6 bucks. Works great for turning my multitude of USB cables into charging cables.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones