1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Droid Charging Port type?

1. chris070780

chris070780 New Member

I am wondering what the charging port type is on the droid? I just noticed that my droid car mount will slide onto my motorcycle TomTom mount. The problem is I wired my bike with the standard USB charger. The droid uses some different type of usb connector. What do they call it? Do they make an adaptor to go from the Droid connector to the standard USB connector?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

Micro USB, there are plenty of adapters to go from Mini USB which is the more common on GPS units to Micro USB which is what the Droid uses.
  3. chris070780

chris070780 New Member

Thanks!
  4. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

5. StrifeJester

Sorry about the price I just quick hit newegg without looking around too much. Liked it for the pictures so you could see if that was what you needed. If thats the right one I would search around a little more you can see it doesn't take much. Last time I needed one I actually bought a 3 inch "tail" style one from RadioShack for like 6 bucks. Works great for turning my multitude of USB cables into charging cables.
  6. StrifeJester

7. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have one of the "tail ones" too. ;)

I think they would be harder to lose... those tiny ones look like they would get lost in no time if not connected to a cord all the time.
  8. StrifeJester

Yup the tail one from Moto that I linked has that string on it so might even be able to keep it attached to the mount on the bike so that it is always there.
  9. cfoley23

cfoley23 Well-Known Member

10. StrifeJester

Man I love this place look how friendly we all are LOL. Best Droid Forum ever. Hope all this feedback helps the OP.