• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Eris softkeys.

Ok, here's what happened. I today got my second Droid Eris from VZW, and as is me, the first thing I did was flash it to Kaosfroyo v23, later to v24. After that, I had nothing but problems. It was laggy, slow, and most importantly, the soft keys didn't light up. Now, this isn't the biggest problem, but for me, it's something I love about Android. I don't want to go through the hassle of restoring all my apps using My Backup Pro again. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried rebooting and Googling it, but no good. So, I figure I'd ask all you talented and brilliant Android Forums users for help. And, I might be willing to go back to 2.1, right now the only things drawing towards kaos, is that it's Froyo(hell yes!), and the fact that I can easily put my apps on my SD card. The ROM for 2.1 I'd be using it Evil Eris 3, it's the best 2.1 ROM IMO. Just for the record, would this be able to get me another Eris? I ask because if I can get 3 or 4 of them, I can call into VZW and complain about them sending my faulty devices, hopefully upgrading me to a better phone and/or giving me credit for a new device that I can get without waiting for my contract to expire/upgrade to become available(Droid 2 FTW!).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones