• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible Speed Tip

Hey guys, just wanted to update my previous post. I let it die completely last night for the second time since I got it. Right now these are my current stats:

Up time: 19 hours (since I turned it on to charge last night)
Awake time 9:45 (when the alarm went off I guess?)
Cell Standby: 60%
Time on: 8h 48m
Time without a signal: 71% (bad coverage at work I guess..)
Phone Idle: 24%
Android System: 10%
Display: 4%
Dialer: 2%

Total Battery: 61%

This to me is pretty sufficient. I've used it pretty normally today, checking my email occasionally, talking on gmail chat for a bit, screen on medium, 3g on all day, wifi on this morning before work, GPS on for nav on the way to work (with traffic), and a few games while at work. That's a pretty normal day, and to be able to go 9 hours with only 40% isn't great by the standards of my old phone, it seems perfectly sufficient for a smart phone with these kinds of capabilities. I also have the live wallpaper and all that on, so I'm not using what I would call "efficiency mode". At this rate I can expect to get an easy 15 hours out of my phone without being near a charger, and since I am perfectly capable of having a charger at work and in my car, that won't be the case too often.

If your battery seems incredibly short, make sure you let it cycle all the way down until it turns off, and then charge it overnight. I've only done it twice and it's already increasing the battery life considerably.

Upvote 0
I'm sure this bit of knowledge is already out there, but I figured I would post it anyhow. First of all, if you're one of those people whe needs to know they have an email immediately, you can stop reading right now. But for those of us who can go a hour or so without email notification, this trick is bound to help.

I'm using a stock moto droid, and I found a way to "didable" the data connnection..the program I used was Any Cut. From there scroll to "phonne info." Create that shortcut.

In that shortcut, hit the menu key. You will see the data on/off there.

Not really sure how much this saves, but I know that it can't hurt. And when you wan to use data again, simply follow the above steps and reverse.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Forgot to mention in last post, when you get to the "about phone" screen, you can also choose the option of EVDO only. I think this speeds things up, and saves battery, because its not constantly searching for a signal. Its kind of like an airplane mode, but you still have data. Just remember to change it back, or your phone won't work...

Upvote 0
Battery Saver (Airplane) Trick:

Try this put your phone into airplane mode, wait a couple seconds and take it out of airplane mode. This should fix the issue until you reboot your phone.

Its a known issue with the 2.1 android os, this seems to make your battery last alot longer. Its been posted about in the Droid Eris Section of this forum and seems to work quite well for those having issues with their battery not lasting a full day. Its known as the "Airplane Trick".

actually I think you need to do airplane, lock screen, then turn off airplane mode.

Upvote 0
Still looking for what animations get turned off. Is there a list somewhere or does anyone know a few to list?

Coming from an Eris, I can't believe anyone is complaining about lag on the Dinc. I had animations turned off on Eris (had it rooted and overclocked too) but my stock Dinc with all animations is still way more responsive. Basically, it's the fade out and in of apps and windows when they are launched. They did seem more apparent on the Eris when animations were turned on. Sometimes it will be a sideways type fade--but on the Dinc, they're so fast and subtle, it's hard to tell the difference IMO. I also had the 50% time w/o signal bug on Eris and tried the airplane mode trick and decided it was more placebo than anything else. I don't have that issue on my Dinc.

I don't use live wallpapers and turn off syncing for stocks, news, weather and Twitter (but keep FB, Exchange and Gmail sync active) in settings. I also use Launcher Pro with just three panels and the only widgets I use are FB and Beautiful Smaller Weather Home (like stock HTC weather and time only smaller) and easily get a day's battery from moderate to heavy use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones