• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Razr Cameras

GeorgeinLA

Aug 24, 2010
I'm currently carrying a Droid 2, and have been looking for a new phone for the past few months. I've nearly resigned myself to giving up my beloved keyboard because the best phones just don't seem to come with keyboards anymore (boo-hoo), and now I'm looking at the Droid Razr M. I like the spec's and price and hopefully Motorola is serious about it getting Jelly Bean by the end of the year. I'm also loyal to Moto phones in general because I can personally attest to their durability and good reception, going back at least a decade or more.

My sticking point, however, is the camera. Every review I've seen has given it bad marks, and, for me, the camera is critical. I can't be bothered to carry around my real camera 90% of the time, so the one on my phone becomes my go-to camera the majority of the time. I can't have a weak camera. On the other hand, however, I'm not a professional photographer, or even an avid amateur. I just snap quick pictures of friends and family and maybe nature scenes, surf, vistas, etc., when I'm out there, and post them up on Shutterfly, facebook, send through email, text, etc.

So, for anyone who might know about these things: Do you think the sub-par camera is going to be really noticable to someone like me, not a professional photographer, but a frequent photographer, expecially compared with something like the HTC Incredible 4G or the Galaxy SIII? Or are the differences likely to be only discernible to those who are more serious about their photos? Finally, are the cameras on the RAZR HD's likely to be any better?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones