• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid RAZR or Galaxy Nexus?

I have had both and if ICS isn't a big deal you are probably fine with the razr. The signal on the razr was better than the GNex. I lose 4G in my house where my other 4G phones I have had did not. I also seem to drop more calls with the GNex. I have had the Tbolt, Charge, and Razr so I can say this from experience.

Reactions: pcriz
Upvote 0
As long as you like Motoblur with what it offers and any sort of dev-related functionality like root, custom roms, per-OTA updates, etc. you're probably fine with the Razr.

ICS is a bigger deal than I think people give it credit for - but time will tell. You'll likely get ICS .. eventually ... and crippled with Motoblur ... but if you're ok with that - sweet!

In the end - it is what works best for a person. If you're not "unhappy", then you're probably in the right phone.

Upvote 0
As long as you like Motoblur with what it offers and any sort of dev-related functionality like root, custom roms, per-OTA updates, etc. you're probably fine with the Razr.

ICS is a bigger deal than I think people give it credit for - but time will tell. You'll likely get ICS .. eventually ... and crippled with Motoblur ... but if you're ok with that - sweet!

In the end - it is what works best for a person. If you're not "unhappy", then you're probably in the right phone.

I wouldn't say Blur cripples the phone but depending on your phone it can be over bearing. Skins always manage to add functionality on top of what android already has.

The signal issues made me leave the GNEX as much as I wanted to like it I couldn't ignore the signal issue. I am on my Bionic and definitely considering the RAZR but there has been rumor of an "HD" version of the RAZR. I'm just gonna wait for CES though and see whats on the Horizon.

Upvote 0
If you don't care about ICS or ROMs then obviously you mostly care about hardware. That being said, try the Nexus out at a store. I have heard the screen is better on the Nexus, but it's widely accepted that the Razr has much better radios. I personally like the build of the Nexus but that's more a matter of opinion. Both phones are really good so choose whichever you like better and you can't go wrong.

I haven't used the Razr but I can say the Nexus is a great phone. Battery life is very good with stock software and I never have any issues getting through a full day with light to moderate use. Also ICS is very snappy, especially the browser, and don't forget the Razr will get ICS eventually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones