Droid X Gmail app opening screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Heussenstein

Heussenstein Member This Topic's Starter

Droid X gmail app: it used to go straight to my gmail INBOX whenever I selected the 'Gmail' app, but now whenever I have a Gmail notification and select the 'Gmail' app it goes to my account list and I have to select my Gmail account to get to the inbox even though I only have 1 account. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to make it go straight to the Inbox instead of the account list every time I select the Gmail app? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. BCox

BCox Well-Known Member

I noticed this the other day, and it finally got annoying...I used to think it wasn't a huge deal, but it's become a pain in the ass, especially since I get all my emails forwarded to my one email address to simplify everything (i just set up filters so they would be appropriately labled, then i reply using the email it was sent to...)

...so its not like i have more than the one account...is there a setting that I can change to not have this happen?

3. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Are you using a task killer of any kind?

4. BCox

BCox Well-Known Member

Actually, now that you mention it, I downloaded Autokiller recently...but I think this started happening before i downloaded the app...

I will uninstall and figure it out...

5. Heussenstein

Yes I have advance task killer but i've had that since i got the phone and this gmail annoyance just started a couple days ago so i don't think that's the source unless there's something i don't know...

6. Airmaxx23

Just trying to eliminate things, check and be sure that gmail is listed in your ignore list. Are you backing out of gmail when you are done or just pressing home?

7. BCox

BCox Well-Known Member

I used to just hit home, but i've since learned that backing out closes the app.

It has occured after using both methods.

Have you not had this occur?

8. Heussenstein

I am just pressing home directly from the Inbox screen so that's why I was confused that it goes to the accounts screen when I reopen.

9. Airmaxx23

That is strange, under accounts do you have a check mark next to Sync Gmail?

I've never had this happen before.

10. Heussenstein

Yep, 'Sync Gmail' is checked. I just put the Gmail App on the 'Ignore' list in the task killer, now that you mentioned that I think that may work because if the task killer was killing the app then it would have to reopen before going to the inbox right? I'm hopeful this will work, i'll let you know...

11. Airmaxx23

That's exactly what would happen so hopefully it cures your problem, let me know if it works.

12. Heussenstein

Nope, didn't work, still went to accounts list screen...any more ideas?

13. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

Short of uninstalling and reinstalling Gmail. Not much. Probably easiest and safest bet.

Also have you updated GMAIL recently. I had an update 2 or 3 days ago I think.