• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X out of stock :(

Is that thing really that misleading that so many people are pulling it out?

How does activation work when you order online? Do you still have to go into a VZW store? I'll have to anyway to get my contacts transferred I guess. Unless they can just download from the backup service.

Nope, thankfully you can activate it as soon as you ravage it from its FedEx boxed cell! :)

And yes, either make sure you've backed up your contacts via VZW's "Backup Assistant" or sync them via your Google account.

Upvote 0
You know that is a total rumor right? I'm sure Verizon will eventually move to a tiered plan. They might even announce it by the end of the month (although I think that is unlikely). But it isn't going to change the day they announce it. There will be a period of time after the official annoucement and before the actual tiered rate plan goes into effect.

I'm in the same boat as you, but am willing to wait until the official annoucement from Verizon comes out before I start panicing.

Where it might be rumor when AT&T made this change just over a month ago they only gave 5 days notice. They did not want people to be able to get old phones that would qualify on plans and grandfather in more people. I know I was with AT&T and was scrambling to try and find a phone to use the IMEI number since I was planning on staying with them. When I could not find one in time I made the choice I was changing providers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones