• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Droid X with Body Glove Case...Pics Included.

Besides the clips breaking off my Droid and going through at least 3-4 of them, best case out there for ANY phone.

To my surprise, the Body Glove case is currently my favorite for a protective case that you'd put in your front pocket. May not like the looks, but, it does feel good in your hand (unlike the texture in that two part case/holster).

If I was going to carry the phone in a holster, I'd go for the leather case (with the app to override the magnetic switch) or that plastic clip case that doesn't protect the phone, but, allows you to quickly take the phone in/out of the holster. If I end up having to swap out batteries frequently, I'd consider going to a holster style case permanently.

Didn't like the kick stand case because it was really flimsy, thin, and cheap looking compared to the Body Glove.

Upvote 0
I had a BG on my Droid, and got it immediately for my DX. I like it - still fits easily in my front pocket and provides lots of protection. If another case provided anywhere near this level of protection, I'd also consider it. But what other case does??

I also have one on and i really like it it doesnt add too much bulk to the phone and i like the feel it has to it

Upvote 0
How easy is this case to take on and off? I really enjoy using my car and home docks so I don't want a case that is hard to remove. Thanks!!!

As it happens, I'm finally getting around to testing accessories and I have the Verizon/Motorola car dock and this Body Glove case. IMO it's too much of a hassle to use the Body Glove case with the docks. It takes just long enough to get the case on or off that I can tell it will annoy me fairly soon. And with that much activity I'm not confident the plastic snaps will hold up long.

So it's either a new case or a new dock for me.

Upvote 0
I tried the Verizon silicone case, the Verizon leather kick-stand case, the Rocketfish plastic snap-on case, and the BodyGlove case...BodyGlove case was my overall favorite with the leather case being a close second. BodyGlove offers a better feel and the leather case is much slicker (but I couldn't get the kickstand to come out). I also had to return the Motorola car dock and get a universal one from Best Buy...much better now!

Upvote 0
I tried the Verizon silicone case, the Verizon leather kick-stand case, the Rocketfish plastic snap-on case, and the BodyGlove case...BodyGlove case was my overall favorite with the leather case being a close second. BodyGlove offers a better feel and the leather case is much slicker (but I couldn't get the kickstand to come out). I also had to return the Motorola car dock and get a universal one from Best Buy...much better now!

I'm in the same boat as you, I've tried a few different case and the Body Glove is my favorite so far. I kind of liked the leather one with the kick stand but the "leather" is pretty slick and doesn't offer much for grip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones