• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped my HTC Inspire 4g

Any of you tried the otterbox cases?

I have the Otterbox Commuter. Gave my thoughts in the "Otterbox will Work" accessories thread. Short and long is that it adds more weight than I thought it would and the power button is finicky. However, I am sure if I drop my phone (which I haven't yet thank God) that it will be fine because the case is pretty tough.

Upvote 0
I got my case from best buy since locally best option. It is like an otter box, but it is 2 halves, the top half slides on the phone and then the bottom half. Kinda like the sim door. Black rubberized hard plastic with a clip that phone clips in face in. Clip and case are felt (sp?), fits snug, no issues. I have one. Of those sticky mats in my truck so it sets on that so it dont slide around. One nice thing is it does not allow the camera to touch what its sitting on. Its 34 something platnium edition.

Upvote 0
I got my case from best buy since locally best option. It is like an otter box, but it is 2 halves, the top half slides on the phone and then the bottom half. Kinda like the sim door. Black rubberized hard plastic with a clip that phone clips in face in. Clip and case are felt (sp?), fits snug, no issues. I have one. Of those sticky mats in my truck so it sets on that so it dont slide around. One nice thing is it does not allow the camera to touch what its sitting on. Its 34 something platnium edition.

It's basically the Seidio innocase 2 made for best buy

Upvote 0
I have a black rubberized Case Mate snap on. No front protection, but I do have a screen protector. I'm more concerned with the metal body, and not bulking up the phone. I have an really good repair man that will throw a screen on it for $50 bucks. Haven't had to use him for this phone yet, but with 5 lines and 3 connected kids, accidents happen!!

Upvote 0
I dropped my 20 day old inspire yesterday from about 3 ft. Hit hard enough and at the right angle for the battery door to pop off and batt to slip out about 2 ft away, chipped at point of impact on screen and cracked from lower right to left. Would have no problem with continuing to use it however it scratches my face where the chip is. Was waiting for an extra cover that my sister has. Guess it doesn't pay to be frugal!:mad: Ordered a case when I sent off for a replacement.

Upvote 0
I learned in my early Cell Phon edays to try to NEVER keep my cell in a shirt chest pocket. Twice I over the years I had it there when I went to the can and bent over to flush and put came the phone, lucky for me I caught it both times.
STUPID luck story. Was at a friends pool. We never got in all day but got to clowning with my 16 yr old. He pushed me in. I got out, pushed him in, cell phones in our pockets and my key to my car that costs 200 bucks to replace. Was able to save the key, the phones, well all the tricks in the world did not save them. Lucky that was at a time before I went Smart Phone for all in the fam.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones