• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DSPManager ROCKS! (audio upgrade)

So is it confirmed that when i upgrade to virtuous 3.0 i have to re install this?

Yep. i just installed it and my icon is still on my screen but the app is not in the app drawer and the screen icon does not function.

EDIT: LOL, the only reason the app was still on my screen probably is because I was referencing it through the Multicon app.

EDIT AGAIN: I did notice that I still have it in my Titanium Backup so you might be able to restore it from there. I'm still trying to decide if it mattered enough to me to try to restore it.

Reactions: Jakaro
Upvote 0
there is another newer version. i ripped it out of IncDoes's Desire HD port version .5.

CAP201010010123.jpg

Upvote 0
you need the app and you need the audioflinger.so file from the system/lib folder. you can use root explorer to copy and paste the files instead of doing an update.zip. just have to change the permissions to match and then reboot and it'll work. i've had 3 or 4 different versions of DSP Manager on my phone and this is how i installed them.

Upvote 0
I'm using the version linked in this thread too, but if I make any adjustment at all higher or lower I get massive amounts of clipping on headphones & car adapter. I hit reset, and it goes away. Any tips?

How big of adjustments are you making? What volume level do you listen at?

I keep everything within 3db and listen between 2-5 notches from full volume and I never hear any crackling.

Upvote 0
How big of adjustments are you making? What volume level do you listen at?

I keep everything within 3db and listen between 2-5 notches from full volume and I never hear any crackling.

Even if I raise or lower it 0.1db, it will still crackle, but my volume is between 75% & 100%. I'll mess around with it some more at lower volumes after work tonight to see what happens.

Upvote 0
I got the newer version with BT support from ROM Manager. The dev who cooked Virtuous ROM added it to his goodies section in ROM manager.

It's very stable and the BT support makes it a slam dunk. The sliders are much more precise and easier to fine tune. (less clipping)

I love the Android community.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones