• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dude my alarm won't go OFF!?

g916

Jun 7, 2010
Cali
Anyone else having this problem? I set my alarm the night before for 7am having it repeat on tuesday, wedensday and thursday and it never goes off! The pop up bubble even says "this alarm is set for 23 hours and 2 mins from now", I set one at midnight and it said "this alarm will go off in 6 hours", and it doesn't! I've missed two swim practices already cuz of it :(

But when I do a test alarm and say its 7:26 am right now i set it for 7:27 am and THEN it goes off... anyone have a fix for this??

Anyone else having this problem? I set my alarm the night before for 7am having it repeat on tuesday, wedensday and thursday and it never goes off! The pop up bubble even says "this alarm is set for 23 hours and 2 mins from now", I set one at midnight and it said "this alarm will go off in 6 hours", and it doesn't! I've missed two swim practices already cuz of it :(

But when I do a test alarm and say its 7:26 am right now i set it for 7:27 am and THEN it goes off... anyone have a fix for this??

I had the same problem with my hero a while back. I had to use the desk clock to keep the phone awake so that my alarm would go off in the mornings. Give that a shot.

To confirm if it's a "phone needs to be awake" thing:

1. Set an alarm for 15 minutes from now. Let your phone sleep and see if the alarm goes off.

2. Set an alarm for 15 minutes from now. Turn on the desk clock and see if the alarm goes off.

Reactions: g916
Upvote 0
That's probably my problem now that I think of it...

Yeah I think that was it, clocks was in my list of apps to kill in ATK definitely putting that in the ignore list.. Thanks

thats funny, i had the same problem.. open the clock. then goto task killer. select the clock and hold it.. then select ignore and it will not kill the clock ever. : )

Reactions: midget
Upvote 0
While tinkering with my EVO to figure out an answer for this exact issue and surfing the net for answers, I discovered that I needed to add my Clock on the Ignore List to the Advanced Task Killer. After I did that it worked like a charm. I have my Advanced Task Killer set to kill all apps when the screen shuts off. Hopefully this will help you all. I discovered the answer on the HTC site.

Upvote 0
While tinkering with my EVO to figure out an answer for this exact issue and surfing the net for answers, I discovered that I needed to add my Clock on the Ignore List to the Advanced Task Killer. After I did that it worked like a charm. I have my Advanced Task Killer set to kill all apps when the screen shuts off. Hopefully this will help you all. I discovered the answer on the HTC site.

Wow, there have been like 10 threads on this already.... PLus you are posting in a thread with the answer you need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones