• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dust in screen?

ckar

Feb 16, 2010
San Diego
I've had my Inc since near the beginning (AMOLED), and just recently noticed a speck of dust under the screen. Nothing major, but a bit annoying when you're OCD like me. I bought it from Best Buy originally. Is this a pretty standard issue for the Inc, and most large screened smartphones for that matter?? Is it worth taking in?? Will the problem just get worse, or is it an inevitable thing? Thanks...

hey there, its something i've noticed with some of my older phones, what this basically indicates is that the seal round the screen whether external or internal is not complete. The dust will only get in if the seal around the screen is damaged or not complete, which could potentially down to the manufacturing process or something else.

its not an issue i've heard of amongst large smartphone screen phone owners, but be warned once it starts yes, it does only get worse, dust collects very easily and finds its way into nooks and crannies very easily. you will eventuall end up with a dusty effect either across the screen or concentrated to one point, which would indicate where it is getting in.

Personally i would take it in to whereever you would take it, its not something that should be inevitable, perhaps if a phone is very old then perhaps but nothing any time soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones