• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

shannianni

Mar 16, 2012
Hi All

i have just got a free app called dx battery saver from the play store, i have used it for a week and it is very good, can anyone tell me is it worth getting the full version and waht is differant with the full version.
i have read that you have to root your phone, as i have jsut got the phone with a contract for a year is this wise , does it invalidate the warranty?

many thanks for your time.

Ian aka shannianni

Personally speaking, i believe all these power saver apps are completely useless, they don't do anything that you can't do yourself.
TO save battery: turn off 3g/3g/wi-fi/bluetooth/gps when not in use, keep the brighteness at a minimum suitable level, keep the vibrations off and lower the screen timeout, turn off the apps instead of sending them into background, thats all what these apps do while giving nicely customised software looks making you believe they are doing magic to your battery.:p

I would say if you really like the app stay with it, but i won't recommend going for the paid version, its not worth it. You can also check out Juicedefender, its quite a popular batt saving app although a bit hard to configure the profiles.

Yes, rooting will invalidate your warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones