• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DX: No jacket required. I LOVE IT!!

@ninja monkey...their marketing has pretty much always sucked until the i'm a mac ads...just think thru the 80s, 90s, and early 00s, apple's marketshare was nowhere near what it is now...people have only flocked to mac due to the ipod and then really jumped on the bandwagon for iphone. their computer sales probably only see an increase since then...i almost switch to mac os a crapload of times but windows always had them beat out when it came to software...i mean over the last 25 years)minus the last 2 or 3) apple was ALWAYS railroaded by microsoft

Completely agree. I would say the last 5 years their marketing has been superb. Not so much before that. Things really started to take off with the iPod.

Again, I just don't understand the frenzy over the i products. The feeling that you MUST upgrade to the newest one or your life will somehow be incomplete! I guess that's the "magic" of their marketing. They've crafted the i products into a cultural icon of sorts. The insecure masses will just keep buying. Oh well.

Upvote 0
That is a pretty nice ad. I'm an Apple computer fan and use OS X as my primary operating system. For me, they always gave great support and made good products. I can understand why people like the iPhone as it's easy to use and there's a huge ecosystem for it. However, they've really turned me off lately. From their horrid response to the antenna problem in the first place to trying to drag down everyone else in the aftermath they've lost a lot of my respect. Motorola took the classy route here, and I think Apple could learn a thing or two from that.

Upvote 0
There is a lot of Kool-Aid flowing. It just boggles my mind that people can be fooled so easily. It's like Jobs pulled a Jedi mind trick. Crazy....

If you check your Jedi folklore, you'll remember that the Jedi mind trick only works on those with weak minds. ;) (Episode 1). ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones