1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

E-Mail App that Shows Outlook Calendar?

Last Updated:

1. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

To my knowledge the stock e-mail app and K-9 don't show your Outlook calendar when sync'd with exchange. Is there an app that does or am I missing features in one of them?

Advertisement
  2. simonc

simonc Active Member

I seem to recall Froyo 2.2 as exchange calendar support bult-in now if you can upgrade your ROM

3. horseinthehouse

horseinthehouse Active Member

if i am understanding what you are looking for, your outlook calender should just sync up with the standard calander widget and program. once you set up your exchange account with the mail app, it should be all good to go

4. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, yes, that's what I needed. Completely forgot about the calendar app since I haven't used it in the 8 months I've had the phone.

That said, if I want to use K-9 for mail, what's the easiest way to use both? I imagine I can't delete the account from the stock e-mail so do I just turn off sync? Is that the easiest?

5. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

If you're using K9 for email just turn off notifications on the stock app.

6. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

Look into the apps PureMessenger and PureCalendar. the messenger combines k-9, and gmail effectively. and the calendar allows for every imaginable google calendar type. i think even exchange. these two widgets would be able to show you on the home screen all of your mail, and events + tasks...

7. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

My calendar syncs with my exchange server using the HTC Calendar widget, works very well indeed.

8. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Touchdown certainly does but it's not really a viable calendar-only solution IMO. Is this actually an Exchange calendar (Outlook is just a desktop PC client)?