• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

E-mail check at -1

johkaz

Jul 24, 2013
Hi,

I have recently checked my Yahoo mail on my phone, and after deleting the shown e-mail's. I have a total showing on my phone of -1 (minus 1), and i cannot clear it, even after rechecking my Yahoo mail. The total is always minus one.

I have cleared my Yahoo mail account online through my main computer, so that these are no messages in the account. Yet after checking the Yahoo account through my phone again, it still shows the total as minus one.

My phone is a Samsung Ace 2 GT-18160
Android Version - 4.1.2
Baseband Version - I8I60XXNA1

Gary

Hi,

I have recently checked my Yahoo mail on my phone, and after deleting the shown e-mail's. I have a total showing on my phone of -1 (minus 1), and i cannot clear it, even after rechecking my Yahoo mail. The total is always minus one.

I have cleared my Yahoo mail account online through my main computer, so that these are no messages in the account. Yet after checking the Yahoo account through my phone again, it still shows the total as minus one.

My phone is a Samsung Ace 2 GT-18160
Android Version - 4.1.2
Baseband Version - I8I60XXNA1

Gary
have you tried to delete data for your yahoo mail app and then re-sign back in? also maybe try and un-install the app and re-installing it.

Reactions: johkaz
Upvote 0
Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.
I am not using an app for my Yahoo account, i just have an account for Yahoo on my phone.

Gary

try the yahoo mail app....i have found that it syncs better and has less issues. not sure then on your generic mail app. you can probably remove the account and then re-add it back from your device.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones