• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Early adopter question about issues vs later models?

Mipmap

Nov 9, 2009
So I've had my Droid since launch and I'm curious if any other users, early adopters or not ever experience these issues:

• Laggy slow interface (this was fixed for me by the first Android patch)

• Car Navigation mode frequently shuts\locks the screen, or returns to the previous screen before navigation began, where you have the option to hit "navigate", "show on map" etc. This causes me to have to try to do my unlock pattern or reach out and hit "Navigate" again while driving.

• OS crashes - This happens to me at random times, usually when I'm going forward back between screens and sometimes appears most frequent in the built in "Messaging" (SMS) app. To be honest one time my phone even appeared to crash during startup from another crash. (midway through booting up the screen went black and then the "droid" logo appeared a second time.

• App Crashes - Certain things like the built in YouTube and especially Browser apps seem to crash somewhat often and kick me back to the desktop.

• Wifi Issues - I seem to never be able to maintain a WiFi connection on my Droid. Other friends computers, PC and Mac can always access my WiFi just fine. My Droid can access it, but after some minutes of being online it will act as if it is connected by showing the WiFi icon instead of 3G, but is never able to resolve web pages, etc.

Other things appear to still work fine. My battery life appears normal, I can still make phone calls ok.

Not all apps are created equal. Sometimes updating can glitch. Try doing a factory data reset. Reload the apps you use the most first. Slowly add others. Don't reload crap u never use. Chances are this will fix all your problems. Look into rooting and overclocking for even better performance. I found my sweet spot around 8-900 mhz. Not too much battery drain, and zero lag, even with live wallpapers running Bugless Beast rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones