Earpiece rattleGeneral

1. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

So i just noticed I hear a little rattle in my earpiece like something has broken off or is not secure. When I tap on it I hear it everytime. Ive read reports of buzzy speakers but I just figured the volume was up too high(this speaker gets loud!). This could be a culprit.

Anyone else have this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. tonytouch311

tonytouch311 Well-Known Member

I do have a rattle, but I've only noticed when I've shaken the phone.
  3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

That rattle you hear is pretty common on most smart phones! Most likely something to do with the camera. I wouldn't worry about it!
  4. HyperM3

I've never heard this before from 8 of my previous smart phones.
  5. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

My iPhone 5 has a slight rattle, my GS3 has a slight rattle, and the Nexus 4 I just sold had a slight rattle. It's usually the mechanics of the camera and lens that the noise comes from. Now if your saying its a loud rattle, we'll that's a whole other story and I can't help ya man.
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Yup, it's the camera and my Nexus 1 has the same rattle. It's actually kind of nostalgic and comforting. :)
  7. HyperM3

LOL ok, I gotta go tap all my old phones and make sure Im not crazy.
  8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Wait you had a nexus 4 and sold it already?
  9. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Yes sir, gone as off Friday! It was a Beautiful 3 Day Honeymoon...lol
  10. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Geez man why? I remember how psyched you were to get it. Now you done gone and sold it?
  11. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

IIRC he made north of 2 hundy on the deal. Didn't buy it to sell it I don't think but someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I would have been tempted myself.
  12. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

It really came down to 3 things...

1- After the Google debogle I just started to really think, jeez if these guys can't handle the release of a phone, imagine what happens if I need support for this thing. Lol, they basically had the phone off the hook the hole day of the release, I'm one of those people that thinks customer service is just imesly important, and if support or a replacement is needed I just see a lot of headaches on the horizon.

2- Lack of LTE, simple as that! I live and travel all around NYC, and with LTE being so lit up here, I just can't see not taking advantage of it and taking a step back with HSPA+.

3- Got a really great price for it!
    Trooper likes this.
  13. HyperM3

Just had another Nexus4 next to mine and also rattles. I tested my Gnex, Skyrocket, Atrix and N1 all on my desk and none of them rattle.
  14. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

My Nexus 4 has the rattle. So does my 4S, but it is VERY faint on my 4S.
  15. androidpod

androidpod Well-Known Member Contributor

I've got a bit of a rattle. Interestingly, it's about the same as my iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Galaxy S III, and most of the smartphones that preceded my current crop. I would not worry about it at all.

Look hard enough and long enough, and you can make yourself OCD with any new smartphone, laptop, etc.... :)
  16. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

The OP is right. It's a factory defect that needs to be fixed. There was a link that Android Police or someone posted where multiple people were having the problem.
  17. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

So I've just checked and I don't have a rattle...

BUT the earpiece does appear to have a continuous ticking sound in it - as someone said like it's not cutting out properly. It's very feint but definitely there.

It wouldn't annoy me unless I find out it's killing the battery - which isn't spectacular although it is OK.
  18. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I did shake my phone and could hear a very faint sound like something is moving, but it's negligible. Everything sounds fine when I talk on the phone, though that's rare.
  19. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

To me it's like the old joke about the doctor and the patient. Patient, "Doctor, it hurts when I bend my arm". Doctor, "Don't bend your arm"

If you don't like the noise your phone makes when you shake it...don't shake it!:D
  20. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

yeah I immediately stopped shaking it lol