• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pls

Ladybugs

Lurker
Aug 20, 2022
I have looked everywhere online and can't seem to find anything about a hacking problem I'm having. It sounds crazy I know but right now I'm just grasping for help & this isn't probably a site that can help me but I figured all you could do is laugh & maybe tell me I'm crazy. But it's worth a shot ok I can be in one Google account that has full service but tap anything in it and it will say no connection. But everything else on my phone will work fine or I can see everything on my Facebook wall & messager but be locked out. Or at least that how the person use to do it now I can just tell by the icons when there in my page. And of course there's message that will be read I didn't read some put back to unread I've already read. I know it's someone around me that's doing it but my thing is regardless who there already in my phone. My calls, emails and I can see on one phone apps I can't do anything with that say not for this user. I tried taking guest mode off I've signed out everywhere on everything though it was fixed but no. I don't understand it doesn't show any phone but mine I have to say most the time. Sometimes it will just say android signed in. I have added more security it doesn't work. I mean even my flashlight that came with the phone will go off 4 no reason pictures seem to be taken but I can't find them. It's like with my flashlight s/t it's like a notification but nothing there I hear it. Then today me & another friend where talking about how well get a call and the screen disappears. She's been having the same problems but bought a new phone & still the something. Idk how to get them out my phone I made a new Gmail that didn't work. I know it sounds crazy but honestly I may feel that way at times but I know better I've seen ppl do things on phones before I couldn't believe. But unfortunately I'm not that tech savvy. Can anyone help me in anyway?

I have looked everywhere online and can't seem to find anything about a hacking problem I'm having. It sounds crazy I know but right now I'm just grasping for help & this isn't probably a site that can help me but I figured all you could do is laugh & maybe tell me I'm crazy. But it's worth a shot ok I can be in one Google account that has full service but tap anything in it and it will say no connection. But everything else on my phone will work fine or I can see everything on my Facebook wall & messager but be locked out. Or at least that how the person use to do it now I can just tell by the icons when there in my page. And of course there's message that will be read I didn't read some put back to unread I've already read. I know it's someone around me that's doing it but my thing is regardless who there already in my phone. My calls, emails and I can see on one phone apps I can't do anything with that say not for this user. I tried taking guest mode off I've signed out everywhere on everything though it was fixed but no. I don't understand it doesn't show any phone but mine I have to say most the time. Sometimes it will just say android signed in. I have added more security it doesn't work. I mean even my flashlight that came with the phone will go off 4 no reason pictures seem to be taken but I can't find them. It's like with my flashlight s/t it's like a notification but nothing there I hear it. Then today me & another friend where talking about how well get a call and the screen disappears. She's been having the same problems but bought a new phone & still the something. Idk how to get them out my phone I made a new Gmail that didn't work. I know it sounds crazy but honestly I may feel that way at times but I know better I've seen ppl do things on phones before I couldn't believe. But unfortunately I'm not that tech savvy. Can anyone help me in anyway?
Factory reset and change passwords.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
First off, let us know some basic details. What phone model do you have? Who's your carrier? What version of Android are you using?

It's not unusual for an older phone to seem to go crazy for many different technical reasons. A factory reset will surely fix the lion's share of issues, but you have to be very careful to backup all your important data first, or you might lose it -- permanently. Things like email, texts and photos come to mind. Also, before a reset make sure you remove all accounts from the phone (not just log out) or you could be locked out of your own device from factory rest protection if that's an option on the phone.

However, a factory reset may not solve every problem. It's quite easy for a gmail (Google) account to be cracked and then your phone seems to go crazy as well. First think to do is to log into your Google account using Chrome from a PC. Go to your account>settings>security and look at connected devices. Also look at alternate emails. If you see anything you don't recognize, delete them. Then change your password and enable 2-factor authentication, ideally using an email you have access to that is in no way connected to your Google account. You can set it to your cell number, but since you'll probably be resetting that anyway, it could run into problems.

If you have any questions, please PLEASE ask them before you do anything because you could end up in worse shape if you are unsure of what to do.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
so the things that you mentioned in your op are not symptoms of hacking. hackers mostly want to infiltrate a phone and steal info whether it is your contacts or your identity. they usually do not do things like make a popup disappear or mess with your flashlight on your phone. hackers want to be discrete and steal info from you.

as mentioned a factory reset and setting up a two step verification on all accounts that has that option is the best way to protect your info from thieves. i would also change all of your passwords to any accounts you have.

and whatever you do, never give your phone to someone and leave it with them unattended. unless you are going to get it serviced or fixed at a reputable place.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones