• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easy guide to update to Galaxo or GAOSP!

Hi,

I'm a noobie and i need urgent help.
I'm trying to update my i7500 by following this thread.

My OS is Windows7 64 bit
İ have the files:
  1. android-sdk_r14-windows
  2. GAOSP-2-PUBLIC-BETA-3
  3. gapps-gaosp-light-31032011-signed
  4. RECOVERY_6.6.2

also i installed packages sdk manager proposed.

However; I stuck at "fastboot is not recognized"
this is the message in cmd:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Barış>cd C:\samsung update\android-sdk_r14-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools

C:\samsung update\android-sdk_r14-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot devices
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

all help is appreciated!! thx

Upvote 0
this is likely some incredibly stupid little issue, but quite stuck at pretty well the start, when i try to copy over the three files (rectools,gapps, and gaosp) none will work, instead it the copy window will open and it gets stuck on discovering items forever then freezes if you try to stop the copy. is there something maybe blocking it from copying or some way to find out?? thanks!

Upvote 0
does anyone still reply to this thread???

Not so much, it seems like most of the regulars became inactive or moved on. Since I'm using another device, I don't remember everything about the i7500 and I don't know what the current problems are. For example, updates in the SDK could alter some steps of the guide.

As for your problem, you could try getting the files on your phone using a different approach, such as Dropbox.

Upvote 0
thanks for replying, i tried doing it through new pc studio but wouldnt work, i tried resetting the phone to factory settings thinking it might have been that i tried a different method to do it that may have altered something for this method so should try again from the start but wont even reset itself, well not entirely all the files seem to be gone when plugged in...i think i've just completely screwed it up now. but it still works as a phone and the computer recognizes it as a storage device when plugged in

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm a noobie and i need urgent help.
I'm trying to update my i7500 by following this thread.

My OS is Windows7 64 bit

İ have the files:
  1. android-sdk_r14-windows
  2. GAOSP-2-PUBLIC-BETA-3
  3. gapps-gaosp-light-31032011-signed
  4. RECOVERY_6.6.2
also i installed packages sdk manager proposed.

However; I stuck at "fastboot is not recognized"
this is the message in cmd:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Barış>cd C:\samsung update\android-sdk_r14-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools

C:\samsung update\android-sdk_r14-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot devices
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

all help is appreciated!! thx
Hi, you download Easyroot file and open it and install windows files first, and Java JDK, Usb driver must be install before you start ugrading

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones