• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eBay App: Thumbnails Now Too Larger After Update

larrytxeast

Nov 3, 2011
I updated the eBay app on my LG F3 today, not sure how long this particular version has been the current one, but at any rate I updated.

Afterwards, when viewing purchase history and the like, they now have the picture thumbnails so huge that you only see 3 or so items before having to scroll, when before you could get 7.

A few questions:

(1) I had saved the .apk from the older version and was able to un-upgrade, which fixed the problem, but is there a setting for this sort of thing in the current version? Otherwise at some point I'm going to be stuck with this change else continue to use what would at that point be an ancient version of the app

(2) Why is there such a push this way in current interfaces? I've noticed this. They're so heavy on the "eye candy" or making things large that when doing "list view" of many things you can't get much on the screen without scrolling. I like things to be like a spreadsheet--to where you squeeze many items on a page by having each item's listing take up a minimum of space. I hate constant scrolling.

(3) Referencing #2, does anyone else find this trend annoying? I sure do.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones