• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Eclipse doesn't detect LG Optimus 9

svan25

Lurker
Mar 12, 2013
I want to run an Android app i created on my cell phone, but Eclipse doesn't detect my device.
laptop: ThinkPad X220, 64 bit, Windows 7
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Juno Service Release 1
Device: LG Optimus P746, Android 4.04, T-Mobil, USB debugging mode is on.
The device driver installed and device is detected by computer and adb, but not by Eclipse.
My android_winusb.inf
[Manufacturer] %ProviderName% = LG, T-Mobil
; LG-P769
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1004&PID_61F9&MI_00 ;
kill and restart adb doesn't help.
Anyone please help!!!

Eclipse is an open source software: About the Eclipse Foundation

I run Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Juno Service Release 1
Build id: 20121004-1855

Ok, same place I got my link from also, But, this is above my pay grade:eek:
Maybe someone who knows this software will chime in:)

EDIT: Here is a link to there forums, found it at the same page we were both linking to!!
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/

Upvote 0
I made a post on Eclipse forum as well, and got a response to not bother them about Android tools. One of their referrals was to this forum. Google-groups ignore my requests. I talked to LG and T-Mobil agents, they reply that it is not their problem because the device is recognized by computer and working fine. I also talked to several of my friends - no one knows. I don't know whom else to ask.
If you are having trouble installing or using the Android Development Tools (ADT), you should be aware that ADT is written on top of the Eclipse platform but is not a product/project that is supported by eclipse.org
Any questions about installing ADT, using ADT, or otherwise related specifically to Android development, SHOULD NOT be asked here. Instead, use one of the Android-specific forums. Here are some links to help you find the right place:

Developer Support | Android Developers
Newest 'android' Questions - Stack Overflow
anddev.org • Index page
Application Development - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Project Build Target: Google API Platform 4.2.2 Level 17

Well that's most likely your problem. 4.2.2 is Jellybean. Your device is Android 4.0.4 or Ice Cream Sandwich, which only run apps up to API 14. So recompile your project against Android 4.0.x/API 14. Also, change the minSdk value in your manifest to 14 or below(whatever you choose to compile against).

Reactions: svan25
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones