• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Edge network or crap phone?

Snow_Fox

Android Expert
Mar 31, 2010
So, I have an lg neon and it takes sometimes 3 or 4 minutes to receive picture messages.

I'm considering the Huawei Ideos and was wondering seeing as it doesn't have 3g bands for my carrier either, if I was going to run into the same problem. (super slow receiving of picture messaging) and if maybe I should just go for the nokia e71 unlocked instead. heck I'm even considering nokia x6 if I can find someone who can vouch for it.

If I didn't also want a mechanical keyboard for my comp in the future, I'd hit up the motorola milestone with my carriers bands..

I don't know.. none of the decent phones on my carrier can be gotten without a data plan.. I can get unlocked smartphones without a data plan.. but, I want to make sure in getting something, I'm not going to be stuck with some of the same problems.

while thats true, my lg neon also takes 3 or 4 minutes to delete text.

It refuses to send pictures over a certain size as well.

Therefore logically, it could be processor limited in receiving the text as well.

If it is spending a lot of time allocating memory to save the picture, that could prevent it from downloading as fast as another better phone might.

If it didn't take 5 minutes to delete 500 text, I wouldn't be as curious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones