Email Accounts....Disappeared!Support

Last Updated:

1. RingMe

RingMe Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had to go on a trip and I needed to rely on the Captivate for email. I had 4 email accounts set up and I've been using them for several weeks with zero problems. So, I pull out the Cap to check email and...they are gone! It's as if they never existed. Lost everything. WTF!! Ruined my day for sure. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. icontender

icontender New Member

Yeah. WTF. I had the same scenario. I have had the phone for two weeks then this morning all the email accounts went away. Now I have to add them back in.

3. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

The emails are still on the server, just set it up again and they will download to your phone.
    The stock email program is junk. Use the gmail app for gmail accounts. I've had good luck using MailDroid for all email accounts.

4. Ctirvine

Ctirvine New Member

This happened to me yesterday, the account using the default email app was gone and Gmail was fine. I just setup the account again and was fine but it time to find another email app.

Any suggestions. I tried touchdown and it's way to slow on downloads.

5. icontender

icontender New Member

Why should I have to pay for a 2nd email (MailDroid) app that comes standard on phone already? I know its free, but its paid for with ads which suck down bandwidth. Whoever makes that email app on the captivate should fix the problem.

6. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

There are other email apps out there that are free. MailDroid is free (with a small ad at the bottom). I agree that the stock one should work, but it doesn't. I got tired of it telling me I had 25 (really, don't know why it picked that number every time) new emails 2 times every day. Plus, it was it was slow to download messages. If your using gmail, the gmail app (already installed) works great.
    If you don't want to pay for extra bandwidth, then you should also look into rooting so you can remove all the att crap that runs in the background.

7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

K-9 is free and doesn't have ads.

If you care a lot about email, why not use a 3rd party client that's going to get frequent updates and improvements? Versus the stock client which will only be upgraded once in a blue moon, if ever.

8. HoneyMonster

HoneyMonster New Member

Im having exactly the same issues with my Samsung Galaxy S - email accounts have disappeared twice now, and also sometimes when opening an email from an inbox, it actually opens a totally different email body from a different account.

disappointing :(

9. phaserbanks

phaserbanks New Member

I had the same problem today with my Moto Droid (2.2 OTA). E-mail app crashed. When I re-opened, all my accounts were gone.

Is there a way to backup the e-mail account settings? PITA to set up 4 POP e-mail accounts again from scratch.

Gonna try K9 in the meantime.

10. Netconn

Netconn Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the phone. This happens on my Impression all the time,. I know other people on ATT with different phone that do the same thing. I'm sure it's ATT' system doing it.

11. johnhazelwood

johnhazelwood Member

I separated my Exchange account (left in stock email client) from my web emails (I used maildroid for them), and haven't had an issue since. Agreed the standard app should work, but since it doesn't this solved my disappearing accounts so far (knock on wood).

12. FrankAtlanta

FrankAtlanta Member

Dang - same thing just happened to me. Looked at mail this morning during road trip (she was driving) - all was fine.

Get to lunch, pull out phone - all 4 email accounts gone!

Set-up 4 accounts, quickly, but the bellsouth.net email is a real pain to set-up...

Maybe Maildroid - any other suggestions?

Thx,
    Frank