• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email Android

Famop

Lurker
May 16, 2023
Hello,

I removed some emails from my phone but when I open some apps automatically marks the emails (example: I open Badoo and in the login section there is already automatically written the old email)
How do I remove these remnants? I don't want my old data to remain

Hello,

I removed some emails from my phone but when I open some apps automatically marks the emails (example: I open Badoo and in the login section there is already automatically written the old email)
How do I remove these remnants? I don't want my old data to remain
i am not familiar with the badoo app. what email client are you using? so these apps have access to your emails? how? and why? do they have access to your emails?

Upvote 0
In some apps in the past I have logged in via the Gmail address.
I have removed these emails from gmail, also from settings, but in some apps where I have logged in in the past with said emails I get the address written in the login section, even though that email is no longer there.
How do I remove these remnants? I want to remove every single trace of these old emails

Upvote 0
Yes, I have already tried this way.
Deleting the data from the apps, reinstalling the apps, rebooting the phone.
But every time I reinstall these apps, the old email appears in the login, as if it was automatically written by the android system
I also tried resetting the phone's android keyboard

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
If the account appears when you are trying to log into one of these apps I can think of 2 simple possibilities:

1) the app itself remembers what email you've used with it before. In this case clearing the app's data (where "the app" means for example Badoo, whichever app is suggesting it) should do it.

If you back up app data with Google maybe it just reloads if you clear it though. Just speculating on why this might not work.

2) if by some chance the app uses a browser for the login then that browser may have remembered which email address you used before. Check the browser's settings for a way to make it forget that.

Upvote 0
In such a situation, I would advise you to log out of all accounts on your device that use the old email address and completely wipe the phone. I didn't quite understand if you created a new email address using the new phone number, so if you're still using the old number, I suggest you change it. If you don't want to buy a new one, you can use temp number online and then link the created email to all accounts. In general, it always helped me to log out of the Google Service account and then all the information was erased, but since you have another reason, I advise you to try my method.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones