Email APP or fix for Gmail

Last Updated:

1. mconigs78

mconigs78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dont know if I am the only one but I am unable to recieve pictures on the gmail app on my Hero. I am able to view them with K9 and the regular email app. I am running Fresh 2.0b2 I dont mind using K9 or the regular email app but they arent as cosmetically fine tuned as the gmail app. You would think that an Android powered phone wouldnt have this issue.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I know you feel that this is a problem with Android. It is not. A lot of people can view the pictures just fine so I has to be either a problem on the phone or the account. Sometimes troubleshooting requires going back to basics. I would back up your phone and reset back to factory. Send a new email to yourself with picture and see if you can see it.

3. etbrandt

etbrandt Well-Known Member

As far as I know this is an issue in all the 2.1 roms except darchlegend.

4. mconigs78

mconigs78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was getting no picture even with the 1.5 fresh rom. I rooted my phone as soon as I got it so I really dont know if the stock rom worked or not. The weird part is mostly from when someone sends a picture from an iphone I will not get it on the gmail app.

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

If you view it through the browser can you see the pictures?

6. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member

Yes, the stock ROM works just fine for showing photos/images in Gmail, the web browser, and/or SMS. I'm running stock 1.5 on the Hero and have not had any problems with viewing images.

7. yaeger

yaeger Member

I can see pictures when sent as attachments, but pictures that are pasted onto the body of the email I cannot see them. Using Fresh 1.1. If anyone has a solution that would be most helpful. Thanks.