• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Auto Retrieval Delays???

NeuDroid

Nov 16, 2012
Hello, I wondering if anyone else is having these same issues. I set my email main setting to auto retrieve mail every one hour. I have gotten emails that show the times in which my server got them but my phone didn't retrieve them for about 2 to 2.5hrs later. My biggest grip with my swtich over from the iphone is that my emails dont come in a timely manner. On my iphone it worked perfectly. I'm almost better off checking for mail manually. Anyone else experience these issues? I'm on Tmo and have fantastic coverage, also, I'm on wifi at home and experience the same delays.

If you have gmail, you could just set it up like the iPhone using google's free exchange server to push the email thru. That way you get it instantly and won't waste battery checking for email when they are not there. Even if you have other email accounts, you could setup gmail to pull all the mails and then push them to you.

Otherwise I guess you could try setting mail retrieval time to like 5 or 15 min and see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones